Monday, February 22, 2016

Pants!!!

Style Arc Elle Pants
On goodness guys, I SEWED PANTS!

These are seriously my kryptonite.  I was traumatized early in my sewing career by pants sewing, and despite a few tentative attempts, have never been able to sew a pair that fits.  But then Gillian made a pair of (polka dot!) Style Arc's Elle Pants which looked awesome, and she encouraged me to brave this pattern since it's real simple.


So yesterday, I finally did.  Sadly, the above picture is all your getting today.  I had everything set up to take some photos today, when the camera said "please charge battery".  Ugh.

Well, at least it said please.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

And uh, sorry for the long delay with posting.  I had a great Cuba post all written up, but then blogger ate it and that ended any motivation I had to blog.  Whatever, I'll try rewriting it another time!  For now, here's a picture of some kite surfers we watched while drinking rum from a coconut on the beach.  OH YEAH.

Cuba - Kite Surfers!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really don't go well together though - not in sunny warm places with unexpected (to the Prairie Girl) waves. :)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Kick those pants' butt!!!!!

    Also, eaten posts are the devil. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally? Because that wouldn't be so hard then.

      And yes, yes they are. I about screamed in rage and nearly tossed the laptop. Then sulked for a week. :D

      Delete
  3. PANTS! You did it! Way to go! Now to make all the pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I need is the right fabric! Oh hey look, I head to Vancouver next week for a work trip. HOW CONVENIENT. :D

      Delete
  4. What a blow - no battery, no blog post. Some days just go like that...

    Nice fabric for the pants - glad you found a pattern that worked. It's the battle won then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may or may not have swore loudly at my camera when I saw it's little message. In my front walk. While the neighbours who don't like us were arriving home. GOOD TIMES.

    And thanks! I ordered the fabric online through fabric.com. Won't do that again because ye gods between the conversion and shipping the cost was RIDICULOUS, but I'm happy with the fabric itself. :) I'll show you more when I write up the official pants post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look GREAT! You do such good work Heather.

    ReplyDelete