Saturday, October 22, 2016

fo: Phoney Costume!

I have a good friend who comes to visit me in the shop fairly often.  For a while, when she was unemployed, she'd come sit on my shop couch and crochet in the afternoons.  She's a hilarious woman and I'm so glad to have met her.

So when she left her phone at the store yesterday (again!), of course I had to yarn bomb it!  I'd planned to granny square it to within an inch of it's life, but did this instead.

fo: Yarn Bombed Phone
Does it look like a polar bear?  That was the intention, but when I added little french knot eyes, it also looked like a screaming ghost.  Considering that it's October, either one could work!

fo: Yarn Bombed Phone
She got a kick out of it, regardless.  Granted, it took longer to make this thing up than I'd planned, so she caught me while I was trying to finish the bottom piece.  She hung around to crochet for a bit though, so I was able to finish it.

No there's no pattern, I just made it up as I went.  I love being able to do that with crochet. :D

Admit it, you now want to yarn bomb someone's phone, don't you! 

2 comments: