Saturday, May 13, 2017

Briggs and Little kal

This post is probably a little incoherent.  It's late, I'm tired, and I just want to blog, dammit!  Also I swear I wrote a blog post about this, but obviously I just daydreamed that one. 

Back in March, Briggs and Little, one of my favourite yarn companies ever, announced a KAL/CAL for any of their sport-weight yarn.  I've been itching to knit a sweater with their B&L Sport, so obviously I needed to join.  Plus I can't resist KALs.

Making progress on my Briggs and Little sweatwr. Doing rhe neckband before continuing on with the sweater was a smart move.
I'm knitting Rolling Rock by Thea Colman, and I'm loving this pattern.  It has an interesting contiguous shoulder line, which is a combination of a set in and a raglan sleeve on a top-down sweater.  I found it mostly flew off the needles, except just before and the first 6 inches after the sleeve separation, which is always ALWAYS a slog for me.  It has a gorgeous lace detail all over the back of the sweater (which I apparently don't have a picture of just yet), and it's both easy to knit and makes the sweater fun to knit.

Body of my Rolling Rock is done!
Haha you can see exactly which section I steam blocked to see how the yarn relaxed.
Now granted, the KAL ends on in a few days on May 15th, and I'm NEARLY THERE.  I have 1.6 sleeves to knit, and I'll probably be pulling a few late nights to finish it.  Like um, tonight.  I hope I can finish, anyways.  Because I literally have 6 other sweaters on the needles and I should probably finish one or two of them before I start the sweater I plan to start this month.  On top of all of the shop knitting I need to do.  AHA yeah, I might have a problem...

Wish me luck folks!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Good luck! And I hope things are lightening up, both literally and figuratively. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as you're having fun, a few late nights seem well worth it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is a shop sample! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great so far, I can't wait to see how it turns out! Sleeves are always my kryptonite, hopefully they go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. I love the colour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete